Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 169

80 days. Eighty days until he comes home! His leave is submitted, and I am beside myself in anticipation! I know this is still a good amount of time to be anxious, but I really can't help myself. I love this man so much, and I've waited 5 long months at this point (8 until he actually gets here). For the past month or so, I've been daydreaming about his homecoming. I've arranged the photographer, and have just been playing the scene in my head over and over, and remembering all the times before. I wanted to recap the first of those now, for the sake of it all. They're some moments I'll never forget, and make me happier than ever :).

His first homecoming, was in March of 2008. We weren't really even dating, but we had confessed our feelings just before he left in January, and had anxiously been awaiting the day we'd be together and see how we'd still feel. Well... He got leave from Cherry Point, NC just before he flew to Iraq for the first time. I was able to pick him up from the airport, and I was beyond anxious, excited, nervous.. and oh so ready. I pulled up curbside, and got out of the car to try to spot him. I remember looking to my left and seeing him, I ran all the way to him. I didn't think I'd react quite like that because we were still so new, but I did :). We walked back to my car and went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I could barely drive, I was so nervous and happy! Hahaa, I can't even imagine what he was thinking of me at that time. I knew then, that my heart was falling hard. I've loved him ever since. That was the first milli-second.

I haven't been the best at keeping up this blog, and I feel guilty nearly every day. With the rain hitting Washington as fall settles in full swing, I have a hard time keeping up with my camera. We went the Seattle Library yesterday, and it felt good to be out taking pictures again. I hope to make that kind of the 'thing' as the weather is less than desirable, to keep my camera and me out - visiting places indoors that we've never experienced before.

During bath time, they keep each other company after mom cleans them all up. They like to play, splash, and make all kinds of noise :). I love their bond, even with their age gap, it never seizes to amaze me! It's so cute watching them interact as if there is no communication barrier or age difference. I am so in love with my kids... More every day. 


I was trying to get a cute picture of the two of them while they were watching a movie, eating cookies, and waiting for bed time to roll around. I never really got the desired effect, but I thought this series was still pretty cute :).

Sharing with her brother...


80 days baby. We're almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment