Monday, December 28, 2015

End of year thoughts and other musings








Hello there, end of 2015. How the year has passed by already, seems as if it was actually on fast forward. I know everyone is saying it, but as I quickly glanced through some photos of the year, it was hard to believe the time was so long gone already. This has been an interesting year for me, I'd say. Interesting in the sense that I've felt as though it was a year dedicated to figuring things out. Maybe it is every year, but more-so now than ever. A lot of growing is mixed up in there too, mothering, wifey-ing, and learning new things. So much learning, in fact, that I can officially say I am three classes away from graduating, and am 90.99% certain I'm going to pursue a graduate degree next. All this to say that I've spent considerable time weighing options and trying to figure out what I truly want to do with this phase of life. It sure is interesting, isn't it? Getting older. I recently told my mother that I was going to think of it like this: I'm grateful for this next birthday, for getting to turn another year older - because not everyone is given the honor. It's still a funny thing though. But I like what I learn and I love the freedom to make choices with my husband for our family. I don't have big plans for the upcoming year, but I have a few ideas of things I'd like my family to do. I don't intend on making goals or resolutions, I simply want to ease into January and do my very best to be present and mindful. I want to document those moments, as I usually do, but with even more intention, love, and grace.

I wish you all a very wonderful last few days of 2015 - what a year! I wish you all the very best in 2016!

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures. Looks like a perfect festive way to wrap up the year. lovely.

    ReplyDelete