Monday, October 6, 2014

Washington State Fair










Washington State Fair | September 2014

It was really cold this particular morning. We anticipated rain, but none came. As soon as we got to the fair, the clouds parted and the sun shone brightly. It became warm, like really warm! We don't always get these kinds of days in the Northwest, but summer is often pretty generous. It really was great.

Before we missed the fair (we came close), we braved the crowds of people and made sure we squeezed in just enough fun to be satisfied. Although, the scone line was literally a mile long, so we missed out on that, boo! I can totally make scones though, Fisher's got nothing on me!

If I'm being honest, the fair isn't really my thing, although I like trying different foods (hold the fried butter, please) and seeing all the vendors, but that's really it. Crowds... I can live without that. My senses get overwhelmed and I feel very protective over my children. BUT... The kids talked about our fair experience for days, and that was all I really needed. I'll do it any day for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment