Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Moonstone Beach









For those that don't already know, California is near and dear to my heart.  It's my go-to place any given time I have the opportunity. I love it to my core. A few years ago, I got to spend time in CA with my mom and sister. That was my first trip with either of my parents since we moved away when I was a kid, see some of that here.

After our wedding, the opportunity came up to go on a two week trip with my dad in place of a honeymoon. Hands down, no questions asked, YES! We knew it was an unconventional way to spend our time after the wedding, but it was going to be a most memorable occasion. A time that none of us will forget any time soon. A once in a lifetime opportunity. See the first post about our trip here.

Moonstone Beach was one of our first scheduled stops. I don't know all the stories, but my parents have history here. This is just one of many places my heart feels at home. The area had changed so much, according to my dad. What he expected to be more of an open beach area, was a random dead end in the middle of a suburban neighborhood. Disappointment initially hit hard, but we didn't let that stop us. Someone had already left a tied off 550 cord taking you down the washed out slope heading to the little piece of rocky beach left. We had to gather our own little bit of moonstone rocks for souvenir. We eventually all made our way down and really took in the moment for this short stop.

I'm so thankful to have had this experience. I hope it isn't the last time either. There will be plenty more to come as I continue working my way through loads of photos from our two week trip. Can we go again now please?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment