Friday, September 6, 2013

We Done Got Hitched


The day turned out to be everything and more. What an incredible feeling it is to see a year of planning coming to life. All the hard work we put in, not to mention making it through yet another deployment, putting my best girl friends to work for every DIY project I could think of, etc..

I felt so undeserving. I never dreamed of having a wedding such as this. A real fairy tale, a too-good-to-be-true kind of wedding with a man who is even better. Just typing that makes a little emotion stir up. 

And yet, everything went beautifully. As long as the day seemed, it happened fast. In a blur. I literally bawled my eyes out during our farewell dance because I was so sad it was over. That year worth of planning was literally just done. Over. Gone. I am so thankful that we had friends, family, and a photographer to capture our day though, because I simply can't stop looking at these images. I hardly feel like it's me.

That man in those photos - my husband - what a commitment it was/is. What a beautiful experience to have with him. I want to live that day, those moments over and over, and I want to reminisce and think about it for the rest of my life, with him.

As mentioned during my 'Thank you' speech, I was/am so very humbled for the love and support we received. I am so thankful for the family and friends who made sacrifices to be with us and to go out of their way to give me my every wish for this one day, including Jeremy.

I will never have enough words to express my gratitude for the way our wedding came together. It is scary, it's stressful, it's wonderful, beautiful, and incredible. And I am so, so thankful.

Our incredible DJ // DJ Dave
Officiant // Tricia Calhoun
Photographer // C. Pelland
Hair // Katelynn Pritchard
Makeup //  DIY by yours truly
DIY Decor // Yours truly, bridesmaids, best man, and my dad














To view the rest of our teasers, check them out on Facebook [you know you want to be friends anyway] // Rikki on Facebook
I will, of course, share more when we get the rest in about a month or so.
All my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment