Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Engagements + Save the Dates

We had our engagement photos taken on the 18th of this month, and I'm happy to say that I'm quite pleased with the results. I knew that if we didn't get a photographer I was comfortable with, I would struggle with being in front of the camera versus behind it like I normally am. And despite the beautiful photos, I don't always photograph well. So, Jeremy let me book the best that I know. It really made our wedding more real. After being together for five years, we're really getting married!

Here are a few of our favorites! Thank you so much Christy!


Jeremy first brought me to the Glass Museum right after I came home from Iraq. We went to the Puyallup Fair with some of our closest friends, and later went for a peaceful walk over the glass bridge. I was in complete awe of how unique and beautiful this place was. We also had our first family pictures here, I simply love it!




When I was about six months pregnant with Kate, Jeremy brought me fishing here. It was one of the first times I had gone fishing with him and he caught a 20 lb king salmon that day! I didn't fish since he had to wade into the river, so I sat reading and taking photos. It was so peaceful and beautiful. 



We had just picked out my waders a few weeks before since he scheduled a guided fishing trip and lodge for us while he was still in Afghanistan. It was fun trying them on and then being able to step into the river while staying dry was pretty awesome!


Jeremy got this drift boat only a few months into the deployment, and had it delivered home. It was a great deal! He finally got to put it in the water for the first time just before our engagements. We loved having it apart of pictures! I hope he's able to turn it into the passion and career he's after.


I wanted a more creative Save the Date card, but they get pretty costly. So I designed these flat cards - just now. I think I'm happy with it ;). I'm waiting to hear from Jeremy to let me know what he thinks before I have anything printed. I'm not very good at designing, but I've been persistent in learning and practicing. My taste and style is pretty simple, but I like the professional elegant look, which is why I often struggle with it. Graphic design was actually what I went to school for before I began photography, but I didn't get far before I joined the Army. Maybe I'll add that as a college class if I go back to school! Well, let me know what you think! 

FRONT // BACK

No comments:

Post a Comment