Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The First Snow :: Day 199

Yesterday we experienced our first, very brief, snow fall in Steilacoom. I didn't expect to get any snow after that, but was pleasantly surprised when I woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow! We got about an inch, had a little ice, and then it was gone by the late afternoon. When we were driving home from dinner this evening, there was very little snow to be seen. Somehow we lucked out, and still had a good amount left around our yard. As soon as we got out of the car, Alyx exclaimed, "We're the luckiest people in the world! We're the only house that still has snow!" Hahaa, that made my day :). I hope he never loses that enthusiasm!


Before our day got started, my phone rang at 5:30 to inform me we would have a two hour delay to start school today! Yay! Of course, Kate and I were up at 7, and promptly tried to get Alyx up to share in the excitement of the snow, but wasn't having it at the time, so we let him sleep for a little while longer. Once he was up, we were all freezing on the front porch, super excited about how beautiful it was outside!!


After taking our time getting ready and having breakfast, we headed out a little early to pick up a few things from the store, then drive around to see the snow around town! We got to school a little early, but we had fun driving down to Sunnyside, and through some neighborhoods to be greeted with sunshine and blue skies glistening off the snow that was left! Too bad everyday can't start like that!! :)


After school, I was trying to keep my spirits up and treated the babies to a quick trip to the park! We had fun running around, taking some pictures, and watching trains! After a little while, I began to freeze from the inside out, so we HAD to go! We enjoyed the cool air and outdoors for awhile though :).









I can't believe we're almost at a month and a half! I'm beside myself at the thought of being in your arms again! To think that all my loneliness and misery from you being gone with simply vanish in an instant! It's always that milli-second with us. And we just know... I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment