Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year :: Day 212

We're in the last two hours of 2012 here on the West coast. I had been invited to our usual NYE party with the kids, but it didn't exactly seem like the best thing to do. Then there was an invite to First Night in Tacoma, but got cancelled last minute. I was ok with that, because the idea of having two small children out until midnight made me want to cry. Instead we came home to play, then around dinner time we went out for froyo and brought pizza home for dinner. Jeremy called me at midnight his time to wish me a Happy New Year and give me a kiss ;). I couldn't have asked for more! He'll be in bed by the time the clock strikes midnight here, but I'll be thinking of the picture below (from last year at midnight), as I wish this next month to fly by. It'll be the last one I have to live with out him for the 21 days he'll be home in February!


The last sunset of 2012, as seen from my backyard :).


Before we headed out, we went outside to play around a little. It was mighty cold, but we needed to stretch our legs, and mama needed some pictures!


The kids spent the morning at grandma's while I had a photo shoot. It was a much needed break, and was nice to get out and take pictures, even if I did shiver and freeze the whole time! But these two will always be my favorite subjects!



What precious kids I have!! I can't believe how much they've grown already, and how much they've changed. I don't think I'll ever understand time going by as quickly as it does, but when you're counting down to something, it's also something to be grateful for. I love Alyx and Kate will all my heart!







Froyo and pizza. Our favorite things! Bear even got a slice too!



This has been one heck of a year! So many ups and downs, very little in between. I slowly launched my business, Jeremy left for deployment, came home from deployment, left again, we flew to Alabama to visit him during training, visited my family in Florida, celebrated Kate's first birthday and Alyx's 8th, and then spent the rest of the year waiting on Jeremy. Other excitement that happened over the year, was a trip to the Hoh Rainforest and Wenatchee near Leavenworth, along with a few hikes, an overnight at the beach with some friends, and precious time with family and friends. As I think about this year and how hard it's been with Jeremy gone (roughly 9 1/2 months out of this year), I can't forget all the good that happened and how much our relationship has continued to strengthen. When all you know is what you can have while thousands of miles apart, strength is all you have. It makes or breaks you, and I'm proud to say it's made us consistently better, stronger, and closer. I'll say it until the day I die, that no one can love anyone, as much as I love him!
2013 is going to be a great year for us. Birthdays, our 5th anniversary, vacation, leave, our wedding, honeymoon, and last but not least, Jeremy's final return home! I couldn't ask for more, and I simply cannot wait!!!! 37 days! Cheers to the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment