Friday, October 12, 2012

Tyson's Last Day :: Day 132

Nothing about this was easy, but I suppose if it was, it wouldn't have meant so much. We didn't know what the day would hold with our boy, but it ended with him going to doggy heaven. It was one of the hardest things I've literally ever done in my life. I hope to never have to do it again. I was so very thankful to have Chris be there at the last minute with me, because I was all alone otherwise. 


I know he doesn't look the greatest, and this isn't necessarily how we want to remember him, but that doesn't matter so much to me. This was the last day I spent with our boy. We cuddled and cried, and ate bones and laid on blankets, and went for a car ride in the front seat together. It amazes me how close to your heart an animal can become. I've had two other animals mean as much to me as Tyson. I can't wait to meet them again in heaven!


He was a happy boy.


Kate was strong for me too. She found these flags from the 4th of July in the pantry cabinet and walked around waving them. Such a cutie!


Kate was eating fruit snacks before we headed out, and she shared one with Tyson (the blue dot on the blanket next to him). 

No comments:

Post a Comment