Thursday, August 2, 2012

Give A Little :: Day 61

I know it's really early to be considering the holidays, but I have been thinking about them a lot lately. I've been looking forward to fall so much, and then winter, because Jeremy will be home shortly after (hopefully around Kate's 2nd birthday). This is our first year apart for the holidays, and while I want to keep some traditions alive with the family I have here, I want to teach my children so much more this year. 

Jeremy and I have amazing traditions we've created within the past few years, and with out him here, I'm not sure I can uphold them. So instead, I'm researching new ways to give. Not only do I want to volunteer my time, but to give thoughtful, homemade gifts. 

A few days ago, my sister and I went to a thrift store, only to listen to the cashier complain about her job after I mentioned the nice weather we've been having, but also how she isn't looking forward to the holidays. I mentioned I wasn't so much either (meaning sans Jeremy), but she said because it's such a financially difficult time of year. This rubbed me the wrong way, and really sent me into a spiral of ideas to turn the whole holiday dilemmas around. You can bet you won't see us at the mall this year!

Anyway, Katie and I visited Michael's today and after thinking we hit a bit of a dead end, we ran into a boat load of inspiration and creative ideas! I'm so excited to get started! Our husbands are lucky men :).

Babe, thank you so much for being there through and through for everything for me. From my business, to my daily needs, help with the kids, the house, and everything we're working on for our future. You're amazing, and I appreciate you more than I will ever be able to fully express. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment