Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Alyx + Kate :: Day 8

What an amazing day! So full of excitement and these two little blessings to boot...


I planned on waking up a little early today because I had an photo shoot to get to after dropping Alyx off at school. However, Kate woke up even earlier than I had planned and as I was getting back into bed for those last few minutes, I realized I didn't charge my camera battery - although I took it out the night prior, I managed to get distracted and seemingly misplaced it! Couldn't have encountered a worse problem before I go take someone's pictures. So from 5:45 to 8 am, I searched high and low to no avail. I was freaking out and praying for a miracle. Well, as luck would have it, that miracle turned out to be a new battery as soon as the store opened thirty minutes before my shoot. Hahaa! Oh man!

The photo shoot went amazingly well and since the weather was incredibly fickle today, my clients and I headed to the Children's Museum in Tacoma to finish up. I had never been before and it was so exciting, I can only imagine how a kid must feel in there! Needless to say, I'm going to get my babies in there asap! After all the work was done, we spent time with family and then I whisked my kiddos off to relax at home. We enjoyed a movie, dinner, and then played around for a bit so mama could take pictures before bed. I couldn't be a luckier mom! Check 'em out... :)


Kate crawls around like it's nobody's business, that girl can get around! She still isn't walking yet, but that certainly doesn't hold her back. She is however, on her fourth day with no bottle or binky and things are going really well! 

So I ran off to grab my camera and came back to find Miss Kate crawling around my bedroom to get to Alyx as he was getting out of the bath. While we waited for him to get ready, I crawled around on the floor with her, and we chased each other around... It's so darn cute because she finds it a hilarious game! 


And then big brother nabbed her up for some pictures. Such a cheeser!


While it's a rarity to get two kids looking at the camera at the same time, I find it equally rare to get both kids smiling at the same time. While I didn't get the first one, I was pleased to grab two beautiful smiles.


When Alyx is playing with Kate, you never know what he's going to do. He's convinced he can maneuver her around all over the place no problem, but it makes my heart constantly jump out of my chest. This happened to be one of those random moments where falling back on the bed was funny for him and not so much for her, but telling him otherwise wasn't going to make him feel any different. Hehee.


Sticking out her tongue is her latest and greatest 'thing,' along with mimicking sounds we make, shaking her head no, and attempting to blow kisses. Too cute for words! 



My poor girl, no matter what I do to keep her hair back, it never stays. Especially since this last month she has particularly enjoyed pulling out her hair clips and messing up her hair. It's long enough to push behind her ear, but that doesn't stay long when she's movin' around. As long as she doesn't mind and is happy, all is well!

Happy Leap Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment